Frequently Asked Questions
Age requirements have been established to safely facilitate age-appropriate activities. Camp Adventure is very active and campers need to be mature enough to be on the go all day.
Campers are grouped by age, and we do our best to honor requests to be with friends. We will not group campers together where there is an age gap. You can request to be with particular friends on the camper application.
Campers should dress for comfort and safety; and clothing that may become stained and dirty. Campers should wear athletic shoes with laces and socks (no flip-flops or boots). Please do not let your camper wear any jewelry.
Lunch and Snacks
Please send a snack with your camper every day. Please do not send anything with peanuts or peanut butter.
Campers have the option to buy lunch on a weekly basis. The purchased lunch includes a sandwich, chips and a cookie. EVERYONE drinks WATER at Camp Adventure. Please do not send any juice, Gatorade, or soft drinks. Campers drink water. Campers may bring a sack lunch to camp. Neither refrigerators nor microwaves are available for campers to use.
- Must always stay with their group and counselor.
- Must follow instructions and safety directions of group counselors and activity counselors.
- must wear socks and tennis shoes at all-time unless instructed differently by their counselor. Please do not wear sandals or water shoes.
- Will not be permitted to make phone calls during the day.
- Are expected to do their best to cooperate with other campers.
- are NOT allowed to bring money with them to camp or anything of significant value. This includes electronic games, headphones, or cell phones.
- MUST BRING a water bottle with camper’s name on it. EVERY DAY!!!!!!
- MUST BRING a towel, swimsuit, and sunscreen on swim day.
- If bringing a lunch from home, the lunch MUST have name and group on it.
- Will NOT be allowed to use the vending machines.
Drop Off Times
Campers may be dropped off as early at 8:00am. Camp begins at 8:30am. Drop off takes place in Lot 95, which is located west of the Physical Education Activity Building.
Pick Up Times
Campers may be picked up at any time during the camp day. Please call the counselor or the director to make arrangements. Pick up at the end of the day begins at 4:45 in lot 95. Please have your camp placard displayed in your car at pick up.
Lost and Found
Please label all of your camper’s belongings, and ask about lost items as soon as possible. Texas A&M University is not responsible for camper’s possessions that are damaged, lost or stolen.
Illness and Injury
If a camper becomes ill or injured at camp, our staff will contact a parent or guardian to pick him/her up. For the protection of all campers and staff, any child believed to have an infectious illness should not attend camp. If your camper is injured at camp, our staff will take necessary measures to administer first aid or obtain medical care
Please notify a camp staff member at registration that your camper has medication. Texas A&M requires paperwork to be completed for dispensing medicine.
At Camp Adventure, bullying is inexcusable and we have a firm policy against all types of bullying. Each camper is expected to treat all other campers with respect and to help each other achieve the best camp experience possible. When instances of bullying are made aware to our staff, we will address them seriously.