Here are some of the activities kids will participate in at Camp Adventure:
- Archery – Instruction and practice in target shooting and proper use of equipment.
- Arts and Crafts – This will include a variety of activities such as painting and paper mache.
- Camp Craft Skills – Instruction and practice in outdoor cooking, fire building, the use of map and compass, and introductory backpacking skills.
- Canoeing – Instruction and practice tandem canoeing at the lake at Millican Reserve.
- Challenge Course – opportunity for campers to work together solving puzzles, zip line and climbing tower.
- Floor exercise – campers stretch, practice balance and gain strength with floor exercise.
- Initiative Games – Problem solving games in which a small group is presented with a challenging problem that they are to solve as a group.
- Performance Arts – Dance and improvisation for all!
- Pickleball – This paddle sport combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. Two or four players use solid paddles made of wood or composite materials to hit a perforated polymer ball, similar to a Wiffle Ball, over a net. This is a good lead up game for tennis.
- Recreational Games – Will include games such as disc golf, corn hole, 4 square, etc.
- Riflery – Campers test their aim at shooting targets with a pellet gun.
- Sports – A variety of sports skills and games, including basketball, football, volleyball, etc.
Take a look for yourself: